[Disksim-users] Disksim-users Digest, Vol 92, Issue 4

saeed ghasemi ghasemi.saeed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 03:32:37 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM, <disksim-users-request at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:

> alinezhad

I install Disksim in the manner that mention below:

*DiskSim does not compile in 64bit environment*. Never try it. Even if you
succeded compilation, it will not run -- just produces segmentation fault.
    DiskSim requires bison and flex, which are parser generators for
parameter file parsing codes.
*Step 0. Install bison and flex, if you have not installed already.*

$ sudo apt-get install bison flex

*Step 1. Download and unzip.Sources can be downloaded from the links above.* I
downloaded DiskSim 4.0 with dixtrac.

$ tar xfz disksim-4.0-with-dixtrac.tar.gz
$ cd disksim-4.0
$ unzip ../ssd-add-on.zip

*Step 2. Apply SSD add on patch.*

$ patch -p1 < ssdmodel/ssd-patch

*Step 3. Append SSD model library path to dixtrac.*
add these lines to dixtrac/.paths

# path to ssdmodel
export SSDMODEL_PREFIX=../ssdmodel
export SSDMODEL_INCL=$(SSDMODEL_PREFIX)/include
export SSDMODEL_CFLAGS=-I$(SSDMODEL_INCL)
export SSDMODEL_LDPATH=$(SSDMODEL_PREFIX)/lib
export SSDMODEL_LDFLAGS=-L$(SSDMODEL_LDPATH) -lssdmodel

modify dixtrac/Makefile like this :

$(LIBDISKSIM_LDFLAGS) \
$(MEMSMODEL_LDFLAGS) \
$(DISKMODEL_LDFLAGS) \
*$(SSDMODEL_LDFLAGS) \
*$(LIBPARAM_LDFLAGS) \
$(LIBDDBG_LDFLAGS) \
$(ST_LDFLAGS)

CFLAGS = -Wall -g -MD -I. $(DEFINES) -I$(STHREADS) $(DMINCLUDES) \
$(LIBDISKSIM_CFLAGS) \
*$(DISKMODEL_CFLAGS) $(LIBPARAM_CFLAGS) $(LIBDDBG_CFLAGS) \
$(SSDMODEL_CFLAGS)*

*Step 4. Compile~~~!
*

$ make