[Disksim-users] Disable Write Cache in DiskSim 4.0

Tiratat Patana-anake tiratatp at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 19 23:59:51 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to disable a "write cache" in DiskSim 4.0.

I'm not sure which parameters in parv file that control this.
The closest I can find is "Fast write level" which I can set to level
0, 1 and 2,
and 0 should mean disable write cache in all cases.
Is this true?

Is there a better way to disable write cache?

Second, when I set "Fast write level" to 0, the disksim only ran some
of the trace.
(e.g. in a trace that have 110892 I/Os, disksim only ran 5 I/Os)

Thank you.

Best regards
Knot
--