[Disksim-users] Stopping simulation because of saturation

何爽 hshopeful1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:54:52 EST 2013

Hi all,

I used disksim-3.0 to test Financial1 trace.

And I created a procedure iotrace_financial1_get_ioreq_event() in
Disksim_iotrace.c

I also made some changes in ascii.parv to fit the financial1 trace(mainly
about the devno).

but the problem occurs:
Stopping simulation because of saturation: simtime 1919.778808, totalreqs
100003
disksim_run_simulation(): simulated 118191 events

I looked up the Disksim_users Archives,and tried the following two
solutions:
1. change the value of MAX_QUEUE_LENGTH in
Disksim-3.0/src/disksim_logorg.c

2.change the value of I/O Trace Time Scale=1.0(amplify it to 2.0,3.0 even
to 10.0)

But they don't work!

If you have the same problem and solution, please drop me a message. I will
 be very appreciated.

Best regards

thanks

Heshuang