[Disksim-users] [DiskSimUser] Page Size & Time to Read/Write

KMU kmudzinhwuynh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:13:55 EDT 2012

Hello all Disksim-users,

Currently I am working with Disksim.
However, I am confused with many things so I would like to ask you many
questions and hope you will be able spend a little time to help me.

1. In "ssd-iozone.parv" file:
- Line 181, Page size = 8
- What is the unit sie of page size (Kilo byte or others) ?

2. If page size is 8 KB, so size of a block is 512KB. However, when I
calculate read block transfer time and write block transfer time, there
are no any results which math in parameter file

Read block transfer time = 0.0002384,
Write block transfer time = 0.0002384,
#Read block transfer time = 0.0016276,
#Write block transfer time = 0.0016276,

My calculation is

* If data transfer is 2GBps --> time = 0.000262144 (second)
* If data transfer is 2Gbps --> time = 0.002097152 (second)
* If data transfer is 30MBps --> time = 0.01747626 (second)

Best Regards,
--
  ----- Richard Huynh -----