[Disksim-users] How do I use trace file:WebSearch3.spc

Mingbang mingbang24 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:58:53 EDT 2012

hello:

    of course you can no use the raw trace, as you said the format is
totally different. the format should be :
    21698.968000   0   835         4      0
    21843.149000   0   59031     1      1
    21875.917000   0   59031     1      0
 the first column is arrival time ,second is device no,3rd is lba, 4th is
block size , 5th is operation flag(0 is write ,1 is read )
 for  WebSearch3.spc's trace:
    the first column is device no , because flashsim can only support
single device , you should make  all the device to be 0; 2nd is lba; 3rd is
byte number whick should be divided by 512 to be a block size;  4th
is operation flag; 5th is arrival time, because the arrival time interval
is too short , so it will appear the saturation wrong, and you
should amplify the arrival time interval。
    if you want to use WebSearch3.spc's trace, you should change the
format. And I think awk is good tool for this .
Hope this can help you.

by mingbang24
--
Wang Mingbang
Department of Electronic and Information Engineering