[Disksim-users] write is faster than read ?

代成俊 dcjy at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sat Jun 16 10:09:42 EDT 2012

Hi,
I found An interesting phenomenon when I used the disksim to simulate a atlas 10K disk.
Assume that there is a fragment trace contains two requests. The first one's opcode is "read"
and the second is "Write", then I found that the second request's response time is very samall.
In other words, when the disk opration type changed form "R" to "W", the write opration can be
completed more quickly, why? Could someone explain this phenomenon or have some reference material to
recommend?
Thank you very much.