[Disksim-users] problem cache replacement algorithm

Navid Farhadi navidlog at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 02:18:07 EST 2012

Hi Abdul Arfan
I trace this code and the problem is
cache->map[set].lru[0]
that has not value in the fifo, lifo and random replacement policies. These policies are not implemented correctly.
The value of "line" variable after this statement is 0 and then the "if (line)" condition does not satisfied. This happens because the lru[0] list does't filled correctly. You can trace these methhods:
cache_add_to_lrulist

cache_remove_from_lrulist

that modify lru linked lists.

Navid Farhadi