[Disksim-users] How to compile DiskSim 4.0 on 64bit OS

fumin fumin at smail.hust.edu.cn
Fri Aug 31 23:42:54 EDT 2012

Hello.
I am new to DiskSim, and want to try it on Ubuntu 64bit. But when I compile it, I just get some compile errors.
I find some solutions from internet, e.g., adding -m32 gcc flag.
However, after adding -m32 flag I still encounter other problems, e.g., missing header files due to all header files that I owned are of 64bit version.
Would simply coping header files of 32bit version to my /usr/include/ directory makes it work? Or is there a complete guide to help me compiling DiskSim in 64bit environment?
Thanks.

Min Fu
Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST)
Wuhan, Hubei, China