[Disksim-users] Why the overall average response time, almost 20000, is so big?

leon hsu liangxiongxu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 19:34:20 EDT 2012

Hi, everybody,

I need you help:-)

When I set the "I/O Trace Time Scale" in disksim_iosim to 1, the simulator
shows a saturation error before.
But when I change "I/O Trace Time Scale" in disksim_iosim to 10, the error
disappeared.

I think that is because the "request arrival time" of the trace file is too
small, which results that the number of the arriving requests in one second
is more than ones that the simulator could deal with in one second. So I
change the "I/O Trace Time Scale" in disksim_iosim to 10.

Next, I run it again, but the weired result made me crazy. When I ran
disksim using my ascii trace file, the overall response time, almost 20000,
is too big to believable.

Do anybody could tell me the reason and how to solve this problem. Thank
you so much. I am so appreciated.

I set the "request arrival time" like the following style.

0.5
0.75
1
1.2000
1.4000
1.5000
1.7000
2.0

Hopefully, it could give some hints to find out my problem. Thanks.

Leon