[Disksim-users] ssd-add-on questions

poohtimu poohtimu at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:50:16 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I have some question about using ssd-add-on.
I have made it work properly in default setting while
runvalid(/ssdmodel/runvalid)
but while I modified the parameter in ssd spec, "Plane block mapping"
and "Number of parallel units", there is something wrong.
when I set Plane block mapping = 1 and Number of parallel units = 2,
synthetic workload "rw5m" and real traces "iozone" will generate
segmentation fault.
moreover, Plane block mapping = 3 and Number of parallel units = 2
          Plane block mapping = 1 and Number of parallel units = 4
          Plane block mapping = 3 and Number of parallel units = 4
these parameter has same result.

All I did is modified this two parameter, I can't figure out why there
is a segmentation fault
Is there anything I missed?
Please help me, I will appreciate your help

Best Regards