[Disksim-users] several questions about ioqueue

yashan sun sun.yashan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:03:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

There is a long member list in ioqueue structure, and I cannot find
any explanation on these members in length. Would you like help me to
clarify them?

What are the meanings and relationship of:
iobufcnt  ~ reqoutstanding
listlen ~ numoutstanding
numcomplete

I plugged SSD module into the Disksim.  I use synthio to generate the
random write events to SSD module. I met a problem.

1. when the synthio found the synthion_cnt is equal to the set value,
then stop the disksim
2. However, there still have some requests not be handled by the SSD module.

3. If I disable disksim_stop() when synthio_cnt == max_cnt.
    Howevere, there is a long queue in ssd->queue->base.numoutstanding

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks a lot,
Yashan