[Disksim-users] HDD physical address

Alexander Lochmann alexander.lochmann at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Mar 10 03:36:39 EST 2011

Hi!

Am 10.03.2011 09:30, schrieb changyue:

> Hello, Everyone who use the Disksim simulation tool. May I ask a
> simple question about disksim?
> If you have the logical sector address from the IO request, then how
> you can get the physical sector address from the disksim?

I think you're wrong. The disksim receives a physical sector address and
a request size. With these information he computes a duration for this
request.
What you mean is to translate a logical address to a physical address. A
filesystem has to cover this action.
A filesystems task is to map a logical address belonging to a file into
a physical sektor address.

Best regards
Alex