[Disksim-users] g4-to-g1 disk model converter

Yipkei Kwok ykwok2 at miners.utep.edu
Sat Feb 19 14:02:15 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use the Seagate Cheetah 15k.5 disk (files can be
downloaded at http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/DiskSim/diskspecs.shtml) with
Disksim 3.0 (my Disksim modifications were made on 3.0 and have not
yet been ported to 4.0).

The Cheetah disk files are in the G4 disk layout model format, which
is not supported by Disksim 3.0. Is there any way to convert the disk
files from G4 disk layout model format to the G1 disk layout model
format, which is supported by Disksim 3.0?

Or, where can I find disk model files for disks (year 2006 or after)
in a disk layout model format accepted by Disksim 3.0?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Yipkei

Yipkei Kwok
Ph.D. Student
Research Assistant
HiPerSys Lab
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at El Paso
Phone: 915 747 6433 (O)
E-mail: ykwok2 at miners dot utep dot edu