[Disksim-users] questions about adding prefetching method to disksim

Samane Kazemi kazemi.samaneh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:53:55 EST 2011

Dear all,

 I am going to add my own prefetching method to disksim. After debugging the disksim code, I think I should add this scheme to the "cache_read_continue" function which is implemented  in  the "disksim_cachemem.c" file. I don't know if I am right or not. I also think I must define a "prefetching request" as an event. and treat it like a "I/O request" event. I have some questions. I hope you have time to help me about them.

1. Would you please tell me what is the difference between "extraq" and "intq"?
2. It seems "extraq" is like a stack which holds all events. If I want to send a new I/O request , I don't know if it is a good idea to add the request to this stack. Because the new request should wait till the prior read disk has been completed.

Thanks and best regards,
Samaneh