[Disksim-users] Look for x64 capable DiskSim version

Sergey Gordok sergey.gordok at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:32:02 EST 2011

Hi all,

my name is Sergey Gordok and I'm a student (M.Sc.) in the Technical
University Darmstadt (Germany).

Right now working with the research group on new algorithms for
Database Management Systems on SSDs (Flash disks).
I would like to use  DiskSim to perform tests (e.g. new
algorithms for FTL layer of SSD).
I have not yet installed the software, but have found on some forums
that some versions (e.g. v.1.0, 3.0) are not capable for x64
hardware).
Is the last version on the official site (i.e. v4.0) 64-bit capable (hardware
or software).

I'm working on x64 processor Inter Core i3 2.13 GHz*2.
OS right now is -  ubuntu 11 x64. (but this is not a problem to
install x86 ubuntu)

I have also found in the paper "The Structural Simulation Toolkit" that
"... First, we modified DiskSim to be 64-bit compliant to support
current hard-ware architectures.
After significant testing and validation,we submitted these changes
back to the original developersfor general distribution."

If the version v4.0 is not x64-hardware capable, have you such? Can
you give it to me?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Sergey