[Disksim-users] IODriver Response time - With FlashSim integration

Chaithra Krishnarajanagar Nataraj krish097 at umn.edu
Fri Apr 1 02:48:49 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I have integrated the Object-Oriented FlashSim simulator from PSU with
DiskSim along with FTL and GC modules (http://csl.cse.psu.edu/?q=node/321)
and I am able to run the Financial 2 trace as well. However, I am not able
to find out where to plug-in the read/write delays etc. for the SSD. The
values that I want to plug-in can be seen in the attached file. The SSD is
created by creating an object of the Ssd class and all I/O requests go to
this class. The event_arrive() function returns the time taken to process
the event. How do I integrate this time with the IODriver response time of
the DiskSim simulator? Should the return value of event_arrive() be
integrated with the IODriver response time or should I plug-in these delays
to the DiskSim at a different place?

It would be great if any of you can give me some information on these
things.

Thanks,
Chaithra