[Disksim-users] new_disk.pl and dx_track errors

hdiakos at csd.uoc.gr hdiakos at csd.uoc.gr
Sun Sep 6 02:33:05 EDT 2009

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone has run the new_disk.pl or the dx_trac
executable because when I run both I get this error:

Could not set FORCE_PACK_ID on device /dev/sdXX

Does anyone know the solution to that?I would appreciate it!

P.S.0:dx_trac runs as dx_stat -d <disk dev>
Is the disk parameter mandatory?Whenever I run it with the disk
parameter I get an error:

Device XX...XX not defined or no R/W permissions.

Without I get the referenced FORCE_PACK_ID error.
Any ideas?