[Disksim-users] Hardware used for UDE and SATA emulation

Steve Schlosser swschlosser at gmail.com
Tue May 26 08:50:05 EDT 2009

Hi Mark

Disksim is only a simulator, NOT an emulator.  There was a related
project at CMU called The Memulator which used Disksim to provide
timing-accuracy for a memory-based storage emulator:

http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/ftp/Storage/timing_abs.html

Memulator is not part of the Disksim code, but there is a snapshot
available: http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~griffin2/memulator-3.0-release.tar.gz.
 All the normal caveats apply to the code - it is unsupported, I
haven't actually used it myself, so unfortunately I can't give you any
help in getting it working.

-steve