[Disksim-users] FW: Problems with DiskSim 4.0

Chang, Luke luke.chang at intel.com
Thu Mar 26 17:08:32 EDT 2009

Hi:

I am working with DiskSim and have run across couple of problems.  Are there known fixes to these issues:
I am running Debian Linux with g++ version 3.4.3.

The first issue I ran into is that during compile, disksim_iosim.c, line 712:  StaticAssert (sizeof(ioreq_event) <= DISKSIM_EVENT_SIZE)
returns an error:  disksim_iosim.c: In function `io_initialize':
disksim_iosim.c:712: error: duplicate case value
disksim_iosim.c:712: error: previously used here

My guess is that the most probable cause for this error is an enumeration problem with ioreq_event in disksim_iosim.h.  However, I am not sure what the correct fix is.

After working around the first issue by making sizeof(ioreq_event) a constant, then I run into an issue trying to execute runvalid.  The disksim.c core dumps and points out the enclosed atlas_III.parv parameter file as invalid format.  I checked the format with the user manual and it seemed to have all required elements.  The filename also is consistent within disksim_global.h.  So why is disksim.c crashing?

Thanks

Luke