[Disksim-users] splicing extra requests to simulation

Krithika courageous at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 13:44:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

I wan't to add some extra r/w requests during a trace driven simulation.
Currently what I do is, I create a ioreq_event structure and feed it to
disksim_simulate_event() function.  The disksim_run_simulation() function
iteratively calls disksim_simulate_event().  So, on some conditions, that
function would call disksim_simulate_event(event), where 'event' is my
ioreq_event.  Otherwise it would call disksim_simulate_event(NULL), in which
case it takes the normal execution path of getting an event from trace and
executing it.

My problem is, after my extra requests are executed, when a normal request
is starting to execute, I get an error

disksim_controller.c:364: controller_bus_delay_complete: Assertion
`trv->next == curr' failed

I think when I change the request flow, there is some mismatch in the stats
maintained by controller structure (controller->buswait).

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to splice extra requests to the
simulation ? Or if I already do things correctly, please let me know how to
get around such kind of errors..

Thank you very much,
Krithika.