[Disksim-users] Add pesonalized algorithm to DiskSim (Costin Savulescu)

David Maung dmaung at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 8 14:37:38 EDT 2009

Hello,

I believe you are referring to the Scheduling Policy described in section
3.4.7 of the Disksim 4.0 users manual and the table of options listed on
page 29.

This scheduling policy is handled in the file disksim_ioqueue.c.  When you
set a value for "Scheduling Policy", it ends up in the member variable
.sched_alg of the ioqueue struct.  (Look at the function
DISKSIM_IOQUEUE_SCHEDULING_POLICY_loader in disksim_ioqueue_param.c.)

Perhaps you could add your own scheduling algorithm to disksim_ioqueue.c.

Once you have made your edits, rebuilding the source is as simple as running
"make".  Note: I have found it necessary to run "make clean" before
rebuilding when I make updates to an included module such as the ssd module.

Hope that helps,

David Maung