[Disksim-users] Question of SATA disk simulation

Lee Joo Hwan joohwan at aces.snu.ac.kr
Wed Dec 30 06:55:53 EST 2009

Hi, all.

I want to extract disk parameter from an general HDD used at PC and
simulate it.

As I understood, parameter extraction is only available on SCSI disks.
But, when I searched the web, there are many cases people extracted
parameter from SATA disks and simulated them, and got result of SATA disks.

So the question is

1. Is it posibble to extract disk parameter from disk(which is not SCSI
disk)? the reason excluding SCSI is that it is not common for personal use.

2. If parameter extraction is not possible, is there a way to get disk
parameter of disks.

3. If parameter extraction is possible, is there no problem to just use
it? the reason of this question is disksim looks only for SCSI disks.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

I really hope to get responses from anyone who have some ideas of these
questions.

Thanks,
JooHwan.