[Disksim-users] Disksim performance

Greg Ganger ganger at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Apr 4 11:45:22 EDT 2009

I can answer a few of the last questions: DiskSim performance tuning
happened some in its very early days (early 90s), with some regretable
long-term code ickiness, and not at all since.  I imagine performance
can be improved by minimizing configurations, such as by minimizing
layers of busses/controllers.  I'm sure that it is far from efficient,
though I was surprised by the 10Kops/second number... doesn't mean that
it's not accurate, but was quite surprising to me.

Greg