[Disksim-users] how can i use spc oltp trace in disksim?

xm yang vchs62003 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed May 7 06:12:26 EDT 2008

hi, everyone
I translate the spc oltp trace to the ascii format: Request arrival time, Device number,Block number,Request size and Request flags. however, when i run disksim use atlas10k disk driver, it prints the following message: Stopping simulation because of saturation....
I trace the running process, I find that only 17 requests of total 10017 requests from the trace are handled. The same result is present after i changed disk queue length(10, 20,100,1000) an I/O Trace Time Scale(range from 1 to 10).  Otherwise, the 17th request was issued at time 0.6 and it's complete time is 94.6. the response time is clearly too large.
can anyone give me some advice for it, or the all of disksim's parv files for  running spc oltp traces.

thanks a lot!

        xm yang   2008.5.7