[Disksim-users] the event in DiskSim

Steve Schlosser swschlosser at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:56:44 EST 2008

One IO request will generate many internal DiskSim events.  For
example, there are separate events as the request moves up and down
the controller/bus stacks, for seeks, rotational latency, and data
transfer, the caches, and probably a bunch more.  These are all
internal and have no effect on the external results (other than the
fact that they make the simulation work).  One of the reasons that IOs
are broken into many fine-grained events is so that new IO requests
can be interleaved into the simulation at any time while other
requests are outstanding.

-steve