[Disksim-users] help about SSD model with cache support

zhengwj07 zhengwj07 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Tue Dec 16 03:41:50 EST 2008

Hi,
the SSD model comes with no support of cache simulation, but I want to simulate a SSD based storage system with cache support in the controller or in the iodriver. I tried to run SSD with a type=3 controller including a cachemem model, but the following error comes up:

Stopping simulation because of saturation: simtime 136334.931000, totalreqs 10000
last request:  dev=0, blk=44403360, cnt=8, 1 (R==1)

The parameter file, output file and trace file are in the attachmemt.
I want to know whether there is a solution to it or whether there is another way to simulate a SSD with cache support??

Thx! Looking foward for the reply!

2008-12-16

zhengwj07