[Disksim-users] Why most request don't be handled?

lucky.wu.han lucky.wu.han at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:58:29 EST 2008

hi,all
      I used a kind of trace which's request number is 567894(all of they are read operation). I used disksim4.0 to simulate this trace run in a storage system. The report of the disksim say that "overall I/O system total requests handled: 375522". It is very surprising! The trace request number is 567894. Why request number unequal to total requests handled ? Is it because the request is too intensive, disksim discard some requests? or maybe is other reasons?
     Thank you!

2008-12-05

lucky.wu.han