[Disksim-users] Interfacing disksim synchronously

Steve Schlosser swschlosser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:38:59 EDT 2007

You should be able to use the disksim interface as-is, although it
will preclude you from doing a few things.  Basically your approach
should be to issue a request using disksim_interface_request_arrive()
and then call disksim_interface_internal_event() repeatedly until
disksim calls your completion function.  The time given to the
completion function should be the time that the request finished.

One limitation is that you can only ever have one request
"outstanding" to disksim at a time, meaning that you won't see any
effect from scheduling, overlapping of seek and transfer, etc.  This
may not matter to you.

Also, your simulator's notion of time will be different from disksim's
view of time, since your repeated calls to
disksim_interface_internal_event() will cause disksim's internal time
to advance into the future, relative to your simulator's time.

Good luck.

-steve