[Disksim-users] Make errors. Old compiler required?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Oct 5 22:29:50 EDT 2007

I am attempting my first compile of disksim 3.0.  It fails with plenty
of warnings and errors.  I found an email in the archive from more than
a year ago that states gcc 2.95 should be used to compile.

1. Is there a build "howto" or some other build guide?

2. Is an old version of gcc still required?

3. Is there an effort to bring the code base forward to current tools?

BTW, I am attempting to build on an OpenSUSE Linux 10.2 installation
using gcc 4.1.2.

Thanks.

Alan