[Disksim-users] Controller Interface

MAYANK MAHESHWARI maheshwari at wisc.edu
Sat Nov 24 23:11:18 EST 2007

I understand the hierarchy and its given in the manual. What i was interested in was if I want to provide Disksim a certain range of addresses to write to instead of a single block number, where would the changes be required to make: in the controller or the IO driver. My guess is it should be somewhere in the controller...so I would wanna know where does the scheduling take place in the controller and if by making changes to the scheduler, could you achieve writes which are addressed to a range of physical addresses?