[Disksim-users] Simulating multiple processes (applications) with trace-driven simulation

Yipkei Kwok yipkeikwok at gmail.com
Sat May 19 22:09:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

My goal is to simulating the I/O system activities under multiple
(simulated) application workloads. We have looked at the
synthetic-driven simulation and, now, we want to look at the
trace-driven simulation.

I have checked the format of the 3 types of traces: ascii, validate
and raw. None of them allows specifying the generating process
(application) of each request.

According to the user manual, at most 1 trace can be used for each run
of simulation. I am wondering if it is possible to supply n traces to
the simulation if I want to simulate n processes (applications). Or,
if it is possible to tag the process ID of the generating process to
each request in the trace.

Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you!

Regards,
Yipkei

--
Web site: