[Disksim-users] Request coalescence

YipKei Kwok yipkeikwok at gmail.com
Mon May 14 23:15:32 EDT 2007

Hi Greg and the Disksim community,

Thanks for the hint. I analyzed my experiment results right away.

However, the cache hits cannot justify the number of missing requests.
Here, I define the number of missing requests to be the difference
between number of requests specified in the trace and the number of
"Total Requests handled" by the Overall I/O System, IOdriver and Disk.

Here is some data. (Note: The result is obtained with a fresh Disksim
installation with validation test passed)

-- #(missing requests) = 92359 - 86339 = 6020
-- System logorg #0 disk Buffer hit ratio:          2879   0.033345
-- Disk Buffer hit ratio:          2879    0.033345

Note: 2879 is the hit count.

There is quite a distance between the number of missing requests
(6020) and the hit count (2879).

I am looking forward to hear from you. Thank you!

-Yipkei

P.S. I have some other questions about Disksim and I will send it in
another email.