[Disksim-users] Facing problems in Disksim

Shahrukh Rohinton Tarapore shahrukh at cs.virginia.edu
Thu Mar 1 13:24:34 EST 2007

Checkout this database of disksim parameter files some commonly modelled
disks.  Its unlikely you would want to write an entirely new parameter file,
so if there are just a few parameters you want to adjust I would simply
duplicate one of these parameter files and make the appropriate changes.  If
there is a specific disk you want to create a parameter file for you can try
using DIXtrac, I'm not familiar with it but it basically extracts the
parameters of a real disk which you can use to create a config file for
disksim.

As for the output file, you do not write these.  The output file simply
contains the statistics of the execution of the simulator on a given
parameter file.  The output file gives you the results of your simulation,
so disksim will be the only one that writes to this file.

Earlier you asked how to run disksim, there is an example in the
documentation in section 2.2.

Hope this helps.

-- shahrukh