[Disksim-users] Re: when will Disksim 4.0 come out?

shay raz kamashay at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 03:24:28 EST 2007

Disksim developers,

  I would like to encourage you
to publish a new version of the program.
disksim is unique and supports the
research community in the filed of storage.
I think a new version should include more
updated storage devices then offered in version 3.0.
perhaps a new version will solve portability and compatibility issues
(such as the need for gcc 2.95, and old flex(?) )
and therefore enable more developers and researchers
who are less proficient to use this valuable tool.

  many thanks
and much appreciation,
Shay Raz

Greg Ganger <ganger at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:

Not sure. Hoping to put something new out in the next couple of months,
but you should not expect a great many limitations to disappear...

Cheers,

Greg

Disksim-users at ece.cmu.edu