[Disksim-users] DiskSim with NS2

Steve zgy04 at 126.com
Mon Dec 3 10:25:33 EST 2007

Dear Smita,
To the best of my knowledge, DiskSim from CMU is the best candidate for your need. In the meanwhile, there is a toolkit for simulating storage networks, called SANsim.
At least, I know a paper introduces it. I think you can find it from Internet.
good luck.

Guangyan

Dear DiskSim users,

We have been using NS - 2 (Network Simulator - 2) for simulating iSCSI application. We now have to use a storage (disk) simulator which can accept trace - file from ns-2 and give appropriate output, indicating how disk(s) has been used.  Please, direct us as to how DiskSim can be used for this. Also, please give alternatives of DiskSim which we can use.

Thanks everybody...
Smita & Sankalp
CDAC, India