[Disksim-users] simple use of disk model

John Bucy bucy at gloop.org
Wed Sep 6 13:20:47 EDT 2006

On 9/4/06, Shahrukh Tarapore <shahrukh at cs.virginia.edu> wrote:
> I'm interested in pulling the disk model out of disksim, and I ran
> across the function disk_get_servtime() in disksim_diskctlr.c.  Will
> this function calculate the service time of the request without changing
> the state of the disk model, or is it like making a normal disksim
> request without going through the logical/physical organization of
> drivers, controllers, and buses?  Thanks.

What do you mean by "pulling the disk model out"?  If you want the
whole controller/cache/scheduler, this is not really possible;  the
model is not anything like "closed form" and is defined in terms of
the whole state machine.   If you just want layout and mechanics, you
can get that from the diskmodel library.  You can always configure a
setup with a 0-time controller/bus/etc if you don't want those
effects.  What exactly are you trying to do?

john