[Disksim-users] accessing logorg struct

John Bucy bucy at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 13 16:59:14 EDT 2006

On 6/13/06, Shahrukh Rohinton Tarapore <shahrukh at cs.virginia.edu> wrote:
> Sorry to ask such an implementation type question but I've been plagued
> by this for almost 2 days.  I am writing a program which controls the
> disksim simulator (i.e. treats it as a slave).  Thus I need certain
> information regarding the state of the simulation.  Specifically I need
> to if the storage system is addressed by Array or by Parts.  It seems
> there is no way to access the logical organization structure (struct
> logorg which contains a member called addrbyparts) from outside the
> disksim code base.  I've delved deeply into the disksim code and I'm not
> even sure how its done in the base code.

I have never worked extensively in that code so my short answer is, "I
don't know."

We made a point of separating out the interface stuff such that it
doesn't include any other internal disksim headers which are really
messy and will often caused name/symbol clashes with other code.  You
probably need to #include some of these headers in order to reach that
far down into the data structures.

Another option might be to get it "out of band" somehow, e.g. read it
out of the parameter file yourself.

john