[Disksim-users] Newer Disk Models/diskspecs for Disksim 3.0

cb morrey cbmorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 21:46:44 EST 2006

Hello disksim users/developers!

I have disksim 3.0 up and running and am adding a new
type of cache to the front end of it to test my PhD
thesis.  I was wondering if there are any newer disk
models and diskspecs available than the Quantum Atlas
10K from 1999?

I realize that there is a description for
automatically profiling disks from userland in Linux
called DIXTRAC on the PDL website.  I'd be happy to
profile my own disk setups if I had access to that
software, but I'd be perfectly satisfied with some
specs for a recent drive.  Any chance of that?
Response by private email is fine.

Charles Morrey
PhD Student Computer Science Department
University of Colorado, Boulder
(firstname dot lastname at colorado dot edu)