[DANCE] DANCE Talk Series: Prof. Dani Ben-Zvi, University of Haifa, Israel on March 27 at 12 noon EST

Sreecharan Sankaranarayanan sreechas at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 20 14:25:58 EDT 2017

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that the next DANCE talk is right around the
corner. This time, we will have a leading international scholar of
statistics education, Prof. Dani Ben-Zvi of the University of Haifa,
Israel. Prof. Dani has had a lot of experience working with learning
communities in general and technology enhanced learning communities in
particular which dovetails well with some of the CSCL research that is of
interest to us. He will be talking to us about one such technology-enhanced
learning ecology called Connections and reflecting on decades of research
around statistics education using such tools. More information about our
speaker and the talk will be available on our website dance.cs.cmu.edu/talks
very soon. The talk will be held at 12 noon EST on Mar 27 so mark your
calendars.

Following this talk, we will have Prof. Timothy McKay from the University
of Michigan on April 10 at 12 noon EST. Further details are forthcoming.

If you are unable to make it to the talk but would like to ask questions to
our speakers, then please email me (sreechas at andrew.cmu.edu) prior to the
talk. Your question will be asked on air and will be available after the
talk as a recorded Youtube video for you to watch.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Sreecharan Sankaranarayanan

Graduate Student and Co-Director, DANCE
Carnegie Mellon University