[DANCE] Talk on "Social Learning in edX" on May 14

Oliver Ferschke ferschke at cs.cmu.edu
Mon May 4 17:50:24 EDT 2015

Greetings DANCE partners,

we are happy to announce the first talk in our DANCE online talk series.
On May 14 (10.30 EST), Piotr Mitros from edX is going to talk about “Social Learning in edX”.
You can find an abstract for this and all upcoming talks under
http://dance.cs.cmu.edu/talks

The talk will be broadcast using Google Hangouts on Air. A link to the hangout will be posted to the website approximately an hour prior to the event and simultaneously posted to the mailing list and our social media outlets.
After the talk, we will have a Q&A session with the speaker where you will have plenty of time for questions and discussions. The video recording of the talk will be archived so that everyone who cannot make it at the time of the event has the chance to watch the video later.

In order to keep the discussion going even after the talk, we created a DANCE Google Group which you can find under
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dancecollab

Other social media outlets, such as a Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram account  and a Google+ page are linked on our new homepage which you can find under
http://dance.cs.cmu.edu

Finally, for all of you who will be attending CSCL in Gothenburg, I would like to cordially invite you to our interactive event on “Challenges and Opportunities of Dual-Layer MOOCs” on June 9th and 10th and to our DANCE social event at the Nefertiti Jazzclub right after the CSCL BBQ Tuesday evening.

All the best,
Oliver and Carolyn