[DANCE] First talk in speaker series and CSCL meet-up

Oliver Ferschke ferschke at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 16 10:29:12 EDT 2015

Greetings DANCE Partners!

We have some exciting events coming up you won't want to miss!!

First, the inaugural meeting of our online DANCE Talk series will be May 14th 7:30am PST/10:30am EST/4:30PM CEST.  The edX Opensource team will be speaking about their vision for collaborative and discussion based learning and how DANCE fits in with that effort.  It's not too late to nominate yourself or others to present in our talk series at http://goo.gl/forms/6dUuMGdF3P.

For those of you who will be attending the upcoming CSCL 2015 conference in Gottenberg, we will host an in person meet up on Tuesday evening, June 9, directly after the conference BBQ.  Come and hang out with us!! Join in informal brainstorming in a relaxed environment. They say the best brainstorming occurs once one has had a few beers.  Mark your calendars!! More details will be forthcoming.

At CSCL we will also host an interactive event at 3:30-5:00pm on Tuesday, June 9th (part 1) and 10:00am-11:30am on Wednesday, June 10 (part 2).

All the best,
Oliver and Carolyn