[DANCE] DANCE speaker series

Oliver Ferschke ferschke at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 6 19:17:49 EDT 2015

Dear DANCE community,
In our kick-off meeting in January, we started to gather ideas for future directions towards affordances for knowledge building [1], script-based support [2] and mobile learning [3]. Thanks to your input, these efforts are well on their way, but we are still happy to hear from anyone who hasn’t had the chance to contribute yet.

In order to further foster discussion and exchange within this group, we are organizing an online speaker series where every four to six weeks an invited speaker will present a focus topic that illustrates a unique interest and perspective relevant to DANCE. After each talk, we will have the opportunity to discuss the topic and feed back the new impulses and insights into our shared vision.

To make our DANCE effort more concrete, the first speaker in the series will be a representative from edX, who will talk about the current situation of the platform along with desiderata for the future of collaborative and discussion-based learning in MOOCs.

In order to find the best times of the week, we would like you to fill out the following doodle and select all the times in a typical week that would be available for the next and future online meetings.
http://doodle.com/dv5ufvtis2zns8qs
We will then coordinate with the speakers from edX and select a time and date between mid-April and early May.
Please respond to this doodle by Saturday, April 11.

We are looking forward to interesting talks and productive discussions.

All the best,
Oliver and Carolyn

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K1jAjhRx526GBdYhqj0OGJbnsAzPsa_DLEtxQj83F8s
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/190ZWu4mC4HuedUerU5ouv59FiRYDut-FHzJFQVJY68k