sasl with sql

Roderick hruodr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:25:53 EDT 2020

Dear Sirs!

I am trying to gues how the sql plugin works with saslpasswd2. I did
a lot of experintes and till now it is not clear to me.

I have a file saslpasswd.conf with the following:

"""
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
mech_list: anonymous
sql_engine: sqlite3
sql_database: /usr/opt/sasl/var/pass.sqlite
sql_select: SELECT pw AS %p FROM auth WHERE usr = '%u' AND rlm = '%r'
sql_insert: INSERT INTO auth (usr, rlm, pw) VALUES ('%u', '%r', '%p')
sql_update: UPDATE auth SET pw='%v' WHERE usr = '%u' AND rlm = '%r'
""""""

The %p instead of %v in sql_insert is intentional, in order to see later
in the db what values take %p.

I run once the command "saslpasswd2 -c -u domain newuser"
and it produces four records in the db:

""""
sqlite> select * from auth;
newuser|domain|userPassword
newuser|domain|cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5
newuser|domain|cmusaslsecretDIGEST-MD5
newuser|domain|cmusaslsecretPLAIN
""""

putting something different from "pw AS %p" in sql_select, for example
only "pw" or "pw AS userPassword" produces nothing in the db.

And the command "sasldblistusers2" produces "listusers failed".

Has anyone sasl working with sqlite3? Or at least with sql?

Thanks
Rodrigo