same SASL config that works on CentOS5 & 6 fails on CentOS7

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at symas.com
Fri Sep 28 15:44:51 EDT 2018

--On Friday, September 28, 2018 4:19 PM -0400 Paul Raines
<raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Any idea why on C7 the DIGEST-MD5 thing going on does not set
> digest-uri like it does on C6?  I guess that is really a question
> for the openldap devs.

Seems more like a DNS resolution issue than an OpenLDAP issue.  RHEL6 uses
OpenLDAP 2.4.40, RHEL7 uses OpenLDAP 2.4.44.  There haven't been any
changes related to this functionality between the two.  It's possible
RedHat has made their own custom modifications in this arena so you might
want to look for any differences there.

However, it seems more that on your CentOS 5/6 boxes that when DNS is
queried for "ldap.foobar.org" it gets back "dc8.foobar.org" whereas on your
CentOS7 box, it gets back "ldap.foobar.org".

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect