Server ldap/localhost at EXAMPLE.COM not found in Kerberos database

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Apr 14 10:08:33 EDT 2017

On 04/14/17 00:19 +0200, Jaap Winius wrote:
>My question is with regard to an error that I get on an OpenLDAP
>consumer server that uses Kerberos to authenticate to a provider:
>
>  slapd[1668]: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. \
>  Minor code may provide more information \
>  (Server ldap/localhost at EXAMPLE.COM not found in Kerberos database)

Check your kdc server logs to verify the service principal the consumer
is requesting, which appears to be incorrect.

auth.debug in your syslog, on the consumer and provider, may provide
additional information.

Do you have some other component in your consumer configuration which
references localhost?

--
Dan White