cyrus-sasl and plugin's dirertory

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Jun 29 09:36:19 EDT 2016

On 06/29/16 12:38 +0400, Sergey via Cyrus-sasl wrote:
>cyrus-sasl can build with "--with-plugindir=" option.
>How can application find it ? I see what Cyrus-IMAP,
>Courier-IMAP and some can do it but Postfix can't.
>
>If I found the right place in the code of Postfix
>it uses a hard definition at compile time:
>
>#if SASL_VERSION_MAJOR >= 2
>    *path = strdup("/etc/postfix/sasl:@libdir@/sasl2");
>#else
>    *path = strdup("/etc/postfix/sasl:@libdir@/sasl");
>#endif
>
>I attempted to lookup to Cyrus-IMAP code but not found
>implementation search of plugins.

The plugin path is hard coded within the sasl glue library (libsasl2), and
can be overridden using the sasl_getpath_t callback.

See sasl_callbacks(3), and the doc/plugprog.html and doc/programming.html
files in the source.

Cyrus Devel:

Is the docs/ directory available on the website? I can't find them.

--
Dan White