How to clone head for cyrus-sasl? git I got was ancient

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Mon Jan 4 23:40:50 EST 2016

Keep replies on the list if you want further answers.

--On Monday, January 04, 2016 6:34 PM -0800 Jan Parcel
<jan.parcel at oracle.com> wrote:

> On 01/04/2016 06:04 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Monday, January 04, 2016 5:40 PM -0800 Jan Parcel via Cyrus-sasl
>> <cyrus-sasl at lists.andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> The ChangeLog and NEWS files for the cyrus-sasl I pulled today show 2012
>>> as the latest changes and
>>> 2.1.26 as the latest.
>>
>> <https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/> shows last commit as 9
>> days ago.
>>
>> --Quanah
> I saw that, which is why I expected the ChangeLog to have something
> more-recent than 2012 in it
> after I pulled.  Do I need to hit a button or clone a different url?
>

> git clone git://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-sasl
>
> should it have been something like:
>
> git clone git://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-sasl/master  or head or something?

I did this, and it worked fine:

git clone https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/

git log .
commit d6bb516cfd4cb86cc3843aad78ea7c3240847e91
Author: Ignacio Casal Quinteiro <icq at gnome.org>
Date:   Fri Nov 20 11:27:09 2015 +0100

    Mingw already provides getopt

--Quanah

>>> Also, I want to file some bugzilla bugs, but the tree doesn't look like
>>> the tarball I download for 2.1.26, so
>>> some of the files I had to patch are not in there.
>>>
>>> As an example, I had to patch config/libtool.m4 to keep it from forcing
>>> --no-verify regardless of config arguments.
>>>
>>> How can I verify whether my bugs would still exist in the latest code?
>>> Or should I just file them
>>> as they appear to me with the tarball and then discuss them after filing
>>> them?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any help!
>>>
>>> My issues (not counting the CVE patch):
>>>
>>> $ ls PATCHES
>>> 1-cyrus-sasl-CVE-4122.patch 104-gssapi-gssapi-h.patch
>>> 101-libtool-m4-overrides-no-verify.patch 105-do_request-fix.patch
>>> 102-sasldir-fix.patch

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect