cant install cyrus sasl from source

mark gavrilman gavrilman_mark at mail.ru
Thu Dec 22 11:43:02 EST 2016

Hi experts,

for several weeks I'm trying to install cyrus-sasl from source.

I run:
1.(like you said in admin guide) ./configure
##and have following message
##* WARNING:
##* Plugins are being installed into /usr/local/lib/sasl2,
##* but the library will look for them in /usr/lib/sasl2.
##* You need to make sure that the plugins will eventually
##* be in /usr/lib/sasl2 -- the easiest way is to make a
##* symbolic link from /usr/lib/sasl2 to /usr/local/lib/sasl2,
##* but this may not be appropriate for your site, so this
##* installation procedure won't do it for you.
##*
##* If you don't want to do this for some reason, you can
##* set the location where the library will look for plugins
##* by setting the environment variable SASL_PATH to the path
##* the library should use.

2.  cp -r  /usr/local/lib/sasl2 /usr/lib/sasl2
3.  pluginviewer -a
##Installed and properly configured auxprop mechanisms are:
##sasldb
##List of auxprop plugins follows
##Plugin "sasldb" , API version: 8
##supports store: yes 4.sasldblistusers2
##Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm asking to give me some useful hint on how to resolve "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" message. If you will refer admin guide, please point me to concrete location

--
best regards
mark gavrilman