Patches from fedora and fixes for LMDB backend

Ignacio Casal ignacio.casal at nice-software.com
Mon Oct 26 05:32:39 EDT 2015

Hey guys,

I would like to highlight a couple of more patches coming from fedora:
https://github.com/nice-software/cyrus-sasl/commit/49be817dd38cbbdcd7938ef61ef7c684a2a62460
https://github.com/nice-software/cyrus-sasl/commit/835ba08e68bb1e1cec8dae155b457dd553e762fb

Also, I made some fixes to the mdb backend to rename it to lmdb and to use
the renamed library lmdb instead of mdb (since it seems to have changed
upstream)
See: https://github.com/nice-software/cyrus-sasl/commits/wip/lmdb

As a plus I also modified the nmake stuff to allow to build the lmdb
backend instead of libdb. This is still not quite well tested but some
comment are welcomed.
https://github.com/nice-software/cyrus-sasl/commit/d0cc4dfe20e71aef853a7f73f6228d1a268b2845

>From another side, the lmdb maintainer is not interested on supporting MSVC
builds, even though I made a fork in case somebody wants to give it a try:
https://github.com/nice-software/lmdb/tree/wip/msvc

At this point a question arises, should we support a backend that we cannot
build on the platforms supported by cyrus-sasl? That is, should we drop
lmdb since the maintainer is not interested on it? Also we have the code
that is not building at all without the patches I pointed out.

Regards.

--
Ignacio Casal Quinteiro