How to debug warning: SASL authentication failure: could not verify password?

Ivan Richwalski ivan at seppuku.net
Sat Sep 27 00:38:43 EDT 2014

On 9/26/14 11:39 PM, paul at odysen.com wrote:
> Thanks Ivan,
>
> Just have a couple of questions..  It's been awhile since I've downloaded and compiled from the source.
>
> 1) What is https://github.com/ivanrichwalski/Cyrus-SASL, when would one use it?
It's just a mirror of the latest cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 source, where I
posted it with my patch for select() applied.
I'd recommend either using the patch against the source, until the fixs
gets included.
> 2) Which source would you download from, I see http://www.cyrussasl.org/mediawiki/index.php/Downloads#SASL_Library has 2.1.26 available? I wonder if that contains a fix.
For my system that was having failures, I used the 2.1.25 source,
because that's the same version of the package Joyent has installed.
> 3) Would you remove the current package first?
> 4) What files would you recommend backing up before hand?

Because I used the exact same version from Joyent's install, I left the
existing package in place and only replaced the file
/opt/local/lib/libsasl2.so.2.0.25

Ivan.